The Flaming Bike Blog is written and test-ridden by Ginger Jui. This blog follows her bike adventures from a home base in Oakland, California.
Like many adventurous people, I jack a lot of trades. Recent titles and aspirations include:
– Adventure advocate (working on it here!)
– Science writer
– Program assistant and tandem pilot for blind stokers at the Bay Area Outreach & Recreation Program
– Event and Fundraising Intern at the East Bay Bicycle Coalition
– Program Manager for the Campus Bike Initiative
– Graduate student at UC Berkeley
– All around Gal About Town
About the Blog
Four summers ago, I rode with friends from San Francisco to camp overnight in Half Moon Bay. The story of that first bike camping trip inaugurated this blog. Since then, I’ve ridden around Iceland, down the Cascade Mountains of Oregon, and a whole bunch around the San Francisco Bay Area.
You’ll also find here the beginnings of a bike and transit based adventure guide to the Bay Area. I’m calling it, 52 Bay Area Bike Weekends. Beginning in 2012, I will be posting my research and reconnaissance for that project here.